Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So I'm Impressed...

As anyone following my blog knows... I'm a tech geek, and I'm thinking about getting a Macbook Air. One thing that has worried me is lack of a CD drive (as I constantly burn CDs to listen to in my car). I used to use my 30gb iPod Video (yes, that old) to do this though an FM transmitter, but it has long since been inactive.

It's back from the dead, after just over 3 years of non-use. Holy crap.



This thing had been through it all too. Included in the 5 years of use: Miles upon miles of being strapped to my arm while running, countless hours of being used in lieu of a CD player in my first car, and my dog deciding it was his turn to carry the thing around the house for me (the teeth marks are there to prove it). And it's still ticking and syncing as I type this.

So this tells me a few things...
  1. Apple makes their products to last.
  2. I can easily put my music on this and use it in place of CDs in a potential Macbook Air
  3. I can't wait to see what the new refresh in the Air comes to show... It can't come soon enough to satisfy my curiosity!
  4. I can trust Apple products to be great to me if I show the same care to them

So all in all, I will be keeping a close eye on all the Mac blogs and the twitterverse for more information on the refresh as it rolls out, hopefully soon. Consider this a practice in saving and fighting impulse spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment