Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wait, You Still Don't Know Me?

So I've been posting on here for awhile, and I still haven't said much about myself besides a little paragraph at the bottom of the screen? Nic's post earlier today once again inspired me to do this, so here we go...



  • I consider myself a "self-taught" geek. I love tech, and most of my knowledge comes from breaking and fixing it (whoops!)

  • The only instrument I have actually had lessons for was Oboe in 6th and 7th grade. I can't read music... I passed that class with a C on account of pretending to play during class. I'm pretty sure I only went to 10 lessons the entire time.

  • I taught myself how to play guitar when I was a Senior in High School, and I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons I enjoy it so much

  • I spend way more then I should on stuff I probably don't need. Impulse spending is bad. I have a 24 hour rule when it comes to high priced items (hence these posts about my justification for different things I have thought about purchasing...)

  • I absolutely love video games. More so then most movies that have been released lately. Many close friendships have been kept because of XBox Live and games like Halo, Call of Duty, and the various Tom Clancy games.

  • I used to read non-stop, but since mandatory reading of textbooks in college, haven't done that so much. Keep trying to start that up again (thank you library e-books on my iPod!)

  • I'm a bit dyslexic. Left and Right is a concept I have struggled with my entire life (as well ans lower case b,d,p & q. Tricky stuff!)

  • I always try to maintain a position in the "middle" of any argument, and see both sides of the issue.

  • If it weren't for Burn Notice, Psych, White Collar, and Royal Pains on USA. I would not have cable.

  • I'm on the 7 year plan for college, guess that's what happens when you find out your childhood dream is really freaking hard (Screw you, Calculus!!)

  • I have an unhealthy obsession with watches and sunglasses. I always seem to find a new type that I oh-so-very-badly want. Most recent example: a large-faced digital watch that will take a beating and last a longggggg time, and a pair of square aviators like these, minus the $400 price tag (sidenote: HOLY CRAP!)

  • I love photography, and hope to keep up taking random pictures that always end up surprising me (and would love to someday own a DSLR)


I'll finish this ridiculous list with a few favorites:

  • Color: Blue (sometimes Green)

  • Animal: Penguin

  • Sports Team: Chicago Cubs and Bears

  • Music (as of this moment) - Classic Rock and 80's... they don't quite make music like that anymore!


Well... I think that's enough randomness for this post. As always, feedback in any form is very much appreciatied!

Until next time,

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment